Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lullaby

The original title of this piece was lost until after I re-named it for the purpose of my art show. The original title: Dormi-Totoro.



What does it mean? Well, just in general, if there's ever a protrayal of someone sleeping in a piece of mine, it means I was probably tired or sleepy at some point while I was making it. I guess I let my art sleep for me...
Anyway, the idea for this comes from a fascination with fairy tales, particularly those that involve children wandering off into the woods. There's at least one such tale in which the children succumb to the elements while warranting the pity of all the woodland creatures. This is especially appropriate because I used the falling snow of one cold night to create the crystalic, drip effect, that became very subtle as i allowed too much snow to freeze on the surface...



Watercolor. Matted and Framed: 28"x20" (71cmx51cm). May not be for sale except for incredibly high offers.

No comments: