Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ocelot in Paradise



This piece is a sort of sequel to “I crave sushi.”
(a drawing which will appear with explanations later)
By the time I made the painting, many things in my life had changed and so, you can see that several elements changed from the original drawing. Some of these were just necessary improvements to the composition; others were based on the developing mood of my life at the time. I had grown a lot in between the two pieces.
In case you’re wondering, the title is somewhat nonsensical. An ocelot is actually a small jungle cat that I admire for its spots and interesting name. But the title does refer to the mood I was in at the time. Life seemed to never have been better, though it was a tumultuous time that wouldn’t last forever, here I tried to hold on to the things that would.



Oil on stretched canvas, 34"x42" (86cmx107cm). For sale at $375.

No comments: